There's a media luncheon tomorrow with Strikeforce fighter Herschel Walker slated for Gallagher's Steakhouse in Midtown Manhattan, and MMA Journalist will be there with fork, er, pen and notebook in hand to bring you the facts. How does Walker feel about making his professional MMA debut at such an advanced age? Does he believe he'll be sufficiently prepared for his bout on January 30th in Miami? Which is tastier - a heavily-marbled cut of porterhouse or a lean 10oz filet mignon? All of these hard questions and more will be answered, so stay tuned.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
- There’s something strangely satisfying about seeing an Ultimate Fighter winner lose. I don’t know why that is, but it just is.
- Amir Sadollah looked good defeating Brad Blackburn. That’s it. I have nothing more to say about that.
- I barely know who Tom Lawlor is, and that’s only because he does great ring entrances. Who the hell is Aaron Simpson and why is he getting decisions he doesn’t deserve?
- Efrain Escudero lost via armbar to Evan Dunham. Phillipe Nover wouldn’t have succumbed to that armbar.
- Gray Maynard squeaked by Nate Diaz, proving once and for all that in no way, shape or form is he ready for BJ Penn. Send in Frankie Edgar!